For many people, a career in IT is beneficial as it is promising. However, many people oft for different jobs after an initial stint in IT. There could be various reasons for such migrations. But, one thing is common among all of them. Almost everyone wants to make a comeback into the IT career. The IT industry is certainly lucrative. Nearly every high paying job in the industry is from the IT sector. Therefore, it makes sense to wish to come back into this industry. But, the question is, how?
What should you know before restarting your career?
To restart your career in IT, you need to think of a lot of factors. Here are some probable areas that you need to worry about before restarting your career.
- You are probably out of touch with the latest industry skills. Therefore, you need to make sure that you update yourself with all the current skills in the industry. That way, you will be able to stay in touch with the recent happenings. It is a good way to think about a career restart. In a way, it will lay the foundations for your future path.
- There are different levels associated with restarting your career. How many years you have spent without working is a major area that you need to focus on. Some people are out of work for a few months while for others, its years. So, think about how many years you have spent away from work. That way, you will be able to figure out what you need to do.
- Going through your professional contact list can give you an insight into what o do. Building professional networks are extremely important as that network will keep you updated. Also, you can ask about current job positions, vacancies, and other details from them. Active networking will bring you closer to what you need to do.
- Go through the recent skills developed in your industry. Try to pick up a few. Doing internships before starting completely can also help. It will give you a background view and will also help you get a good idea of how the present work situation is. The internship might be big or small, don’t worry about the payment. Do the internship only for work experience.
- Try to do certifications. Certifications are the best way to validate your skills. These certifications will help you get a good hold of the skills that are recently trending. Thus, you will be able to figure out where you need to work on. As a result, you will be clear-minded about your goals. Any kind of certificate will help as long as it is relevant to your industry.
Is COBIT 5 certification good for restarting your career?
COBIT 5 Foundation certification is a leading certification for governance and management in the IT industry. It is one of the most preferred IT certificates for people across every industry. The certificate aims to impart practical knowledge about the COBIT 5 principles. Thus, you will know exactly how you should implement the different principles of COBIT 5.
If you want to restart your career completely, the COBIT 5 Foundation certification can be a good idea. It will be helpful to give you a clear idea about the recent developments in the IT world. For someone wishing to be a part of the It industry after a long time, the COBIT 5 certification can help a lot. Moreover, the learning modules are very informative. So, you will get a good idea on how to implement the COBIT principles on a day to day basis.
For many people, getting a certification might not be the best idea. But, you need to show the recruiters that you possess the relevant skills even if you were out of touch with the industry for a long time now. Thus, if you are able to show that you have the right skills, you have a good chance of getting employed.
There are a lot of benefits to obtaining the COBIT 5 certificate. But you should only do it if you want a career in the IT sector. It will give you a lot of job opportunities with which you will grow to new heights.