In the present day and age, a swimming pool is a popular wishlist component for most people. It is an ideal place to relax with your family, have a barbeque party, and a fun place for kids. If you have a pool at your home, a pool cover is a must for you. You can check a variety of pool covers at Remco covers and enclosures and learn to pick the best one for you. Pool covers make your life easier by keeping it clean, reducing chemical consumption and water loss, assisting filtration, and enhancing heat retention. Here is an insight into the types of pool covers and their benefits and limitations to help your choice.
- Winter pool cover
Winter pool covers are made of solid impermeable substance and are great protectors of dust while you keep your pool closed for winters. These covers are placed on the pools and generally secured by waterbags. You need to be a little cautious about the super-heavy rainfall and wondering animals, as the cover cannot bear that weight.
- It is easy to install
- It requires the lowest initial investment
- Solid material provides UV protection
- Not very durable
- Not robust enough to support a large weight
- Mesh safety cover
These covers are secured with solid anchors and are strong enough to support heavyweight. Water and snow can drain through them, making them suitable even in wild weather conditions.
- Most lightweight, highly durable and can withstand the weight
- Filter debris and let the water pass-through
- More expensive than winter
- No UV Protection
- Solid safety covers
Solid covers provide benefits of both mesh and winter covers. They are made of solid material that provides enhanced protection and can withstand heavy-weight.
- Prevent ultra-fine particles and protect from UV light
- Highly durable
- Initial anchor installation is needed
- Needs to be drained
- Automatic covers
Every type of cover is also available in an automatic variant. You can find a solid, mesh, or winter covers that is automatic. These covers are easiest to remove and apply. It can be done with just a press of a button. There are two types of automatic pool covers available.
- On – deck track type
These covers are installed with tracks on the edge of the pools and tracks back into an enclosed installed on-deck.
- Recessed track type
The tracks for extension are hidden under the pool edges and it tracks back into on-deck or hidden enclosure.
- Easy to deploy and remove
- Draw the benefits of the underlying material
- Provides the best visual appeal
- Needs professionals to install for the first time
- More expensive than previously mentioned types
- Solar pool covers
Solar covers do not serve the same purpose of protecting the pool but are used to provide insulation. These covers prevent evaporation of water and keep it warm by retaining heat.
- They do not require to be installed. They just float on the water surface
- They are super-easy to apply and remove
- They cannot hold any weight at all
- You do not get protection from elements